Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I prepared my pies for dinner tomorrow, my thoughts turned to Thanksgiving and why we truly celebrate this holiday. This holiday was created so that one day out of every year all the thanks that we as a nation had to our Wonderful Saviour could be expressed. God had made a great nation out of nothing and had taken a people with many faults and made them into something usable and blessed by God.

Now as I contemplate Thanksgiving, I wonder where our nation's thankfulness as gone. With that lack of thankfulness so has our great nation fallen. We are no longer the people we once were instead we complain and blame others for the troubles we have gotten into. We look to everyone but God to "bail" us out.

This Thanksgiving I pray that we as nation humble ourselves and truly become thankful to the God who has done so much for us.

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Love,
Dylan, Rachael, and Gracie

0 comments: