Thursday, May 08, 2008

Washington D.C. from Gracie's Point of View

Day One

Washington DC trip 018

My first day in Washington D.C. started with getting there!  I took my first plane ride - it was a lot of fun - mommy and daddy gave me their undivided attention.  They did a lot of walking but I just sat in my stroller and car seat and enjoyed the new scenery.

Gracie's First Plane Ride

Daddy even read to me in the airplane - it was really cool!

Washington DC trip 028

We finally arrived in DC and I really enjoyed checking out hotel room!

Washington DC trip 032

Excuse me, but did someone say 85 degrees!  Wow!

You don't see that everyday in North Dakota!

Washington DC trip 036

Man, this has been hard work, I didn't know flying was tiring!

Washington DC trip 042

This was my scene from the hotel room, pretty cool, huh?

Washington DC trip 045Washington DC trip 047

Well here I am again - back in stroller - sightseeing DC.  Kind of sightseeing, daddy and mommy wear me out!  We walked 4 miles that day.  Don't tell them I told you this but they got lost!   I was pretty afraid with them getting lost that I would lose my sunglasses so I held on to them pretty tightly so no one could steal them!

Washington DC trip 052Washington DC trip 054

Daddy and me at Arlington Cemetery - it's huge!

Washington DC trip 055Washington DC trip 064Washington DC trip 057   

It sure is beautiful here!

   how Gracie viewed Washington

If I'm going to sightsee I found that I prefer to do it upside down, you see life a little differently and it's a whole lot of fun. 

You ought to try it sometime

Washington DC trip 060Washington DC trip 061

We took a tour bus through Arlington because mommy was complaining of her legs being tired and after getting lost, we only had two hours to tour Arlington - did I say that place is huge! 

So I had some fun playing with Daddy while we sat on the bus.

Washington DC trip 068Washington DC trip 073

This the tomb of the Unknown Soldier and we even got to see the ceremony where the change guards.  It was really cool to see.

Washington DC trip 089Washington DC trip 093 Washington DC trip 094 Washington DC trip 097 

Waiting for our tour bus to pick us back up!

Washington DC trip 100  Washington DC trip 101

Well, that's the end of day one of my trip. 

We went back to the hotel, ordered pizza, went to sleep.

Enjoy my pictures and wait with bated breathe for the rest of my trip.

I have a lot more to share - trust me!

Love, Gracie

1 comments:

Alisha said...

Gracie,
It looks like you had a wonderful time with your mommmy and daddy. I am so happy for you.