Thursday, May 29, 2008

Washington DC - Day 2

 

If you are wondering why it took me so long to finish this story, I have to tell you that it is all my mom's fault.  She says that she has been busy but I really don't understand what busy is because all life is about is eating and sleeping.  (Right?)  Oh yeah, you definitely need to play and drool too! 

Well, back to my trip to Washington DC -

Washington DC trip 103 Washington DC trip 104

Our second day in Washington DC we walked to Holocaust Museum (sorry no picture, mommy didn't want the rain to ruin her camera).  I slept through most of that museum but daddy and mommy spent four hours there having a great time absorbing history.

After that we walked up to the Washington Monument and looked around at all the sites we didn't have time to really see.  We saw the Senate building and mommy says she wants to live in the White House.

  Washington DC trip 110 Washington DC trip 113

Washington DC trip 115Washington DC trip 117 

Back in my Cadillac!  :-) 

One thing before you have pity on me for having to spend most of my time in here, don't!  Right after I was placed in here, it started pouring down with rain and daddy and mommy got soaked while I stayed nice and dry.  Daddy started running and left mommy behind who ended up having to jump over a puddle (let's just say I'm not going to tell you how that jump ended - she was pretty wet in the end :-))

© Ron Reznick
http://digital-images.net

[#Beginning of Shooting Data Section]
Nikon D1H

Focal Length: 28mm

White Balance: Direct sunlight

Color Mode: Mode II (Adobe RGB)

2003/07/23 22:18:32.3

Exposure Mode: Manual

AF Mode: AF-C

Hue Adjustment: 0°

RAW (12-bit) 

Metering Mode: Spot

Tone Comp: Less Contrast

Sharpening: None

Image Size:  2000 x 1312

1/2 sec - f/4

Flash Sync Mode: Front Curtain

Noise Reduction: 

Color

Exposure Comp.: 0 EV

Auto Flash Mode: D-TTL

Image Comment: 

[#End of Shooting Data Section]

Our last stop of the day was the Vietnam War Memorial. 

This was sad walk for my daddy because his daddy died due to Agent Orange poisoning due to being exposed to it during his time in Vietnam.  My daddy never met his daddy but has always dreamed of visiting this wall and it was definitely a walk of tears and sadness. 

It was raining at the time when we walked through and daddy said it seemed appropriate because the sadness and tragedy of this war seemed heart wrenching. 

Many people remembered their loved ones whose names could not be placed on the wall by printing a picture and laminating it and placing it against the wall.  There were flags and flowers all down the wall placed by friends and loved ones who truly missed those who died.

There were many sons who placed things and we found out that many had never met their fathers just like my daddy.

Well, that's the end of day 2. 

Come back for the rest of the story and I'll tell you why we were really in Washington DC.

lipsgif

Love,

Gracie

0 comments: