Monday, January 14, 2008

Gracie's Blessing of a Baby Shower


On Thursday, January 10th, our church blessed us with a beautiful baby shower. We received so many things that we needed for Gracie, it was overwhelming. Our living room was literally filled to overflowing.


Right now, her nursery is not done because Dylan works at home and that room is his office but my dad is working on a room for him in the basement of our apartment - my dad is such a blessing to us! We would have had to move if it wasn't for him. Unfortunately I had to pack most of her stuff away for now but we can't wait to set it up in a couple of weeks. We praying by the end of February.


My Pastor's wife took this...how often do you catch such a beautiful smile on such a little person!

Our lovely Pastor's wife, Sheryl Shaffer. She is such a blessing to Dylan, Gracie, and I. She has a lot of wisdom that she passed on to us, which we hope to continue to pass on to the second generation. She has known me since I was seven years old so it is very special to me that that she is a part of my little girl's life now.



All the mant things we received... a babt bathtub, clothes, burb cloths, my mom made a ton of nighties, bibs, burb rags, three blankets for her. She received many handmade blankets, photo albums, hooded towels...oh so many lovely things we can use for a long time for her and any brothers and sisters she might have in the future (can I input here, that she might be waiting a while for those brothers and sisters!) What a blessing these ladies were to us, we know it was a huge sacrifice and we are very thankful.

Gracie's Aunt Aubrie spent many hours making that beautiful blue blanket you see Gracie resting on. She really is wonderful addition to our family. We love you, Aubrie!


Aunt Sarah and her favorite niece!

0 comments: