Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Washington D.C. - Days 3-5

The last part of our trip was spent with daddy in the hospital. You see there was this little boy a little older than me who had leukemia and he needed my daddy to give him his bone marrow.  That's really why we went to Washington DC.  Daddy and mommy are very thankful that I am healthy but were thankful that daddy could help some other family.  The little boy lives in Italy.  We still don't know how he is doing but we pray for him a lot and pray that the transplant went well.  When we find out one day, I'll let you all know.spending time with daddy in his room

I visited daddy a lot in the hospital.  I even smuggled in a mocha latte for him.  He thought I was the best daughter ever!  Of course, I am!

Daddy's hospital room

Daddy and I spent a lot of time sleeping while he was in the hospital.  It's hard work you know visiting your daddy in the hospital.  There are a lot of nurses and doctors to charm at all times.

 how they passed the timeHospital food

Look at this food!  This was the hospital food that they gave daddy and mommy.  Yes, there is lobster and filet mignon on those plates!  They couldn't believe how good hospital food was.  Oh yeah and there is shrimp there and even great chocolate cake and cheesecake.  It was sad because mommy wouldn't let me try any and daddy couldn't swallow his very well so mommy was really the only one who appreciated it.  I still think she ought to have shared with me!

Washington DC trip 122

After daddy got out of the hospital the next day, I spent a lot of time talking to him in the hotel room.  We had a good time together just lounging around and talking. 

Washington DC trip 121    

The next day we went home and daddy is finally starting to feel better. 

Well, that was my trip - it was SO much fun! 

I go to PA in a few weeks, I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

Have a wonderful day.

PS.  My mommy has tons of  pictures of me from the last month.  I'm super cute, maybe she'll share some of them with you.  :-)

0 comments: